Hardy will braid nation and rock genres on his upcoming sophomore album, The Mockingbird & the Crow, which is due out on Jan. 20. He introduced the undertaking on Monday (Oct. 10), explaining that its bigger scope displays the complete vary of his creative id.
“The Mockingbird & the Crow is, in my view, the perfect factor I’ve made to this point,” the singer says in a press release. “I had a whole lot of time to get within the weeds making this report with a few of my favourite individuals in Nashville, and it really captures each a part of who I’m as an artist. I am honored that I get to share it with you subsequent 12 months; cannot wait to listen to what you consider it.”
Hardy co-wrote each tune on the 17-track assortment, which incorporates his present single, “Wait within the Truck,” a duet with Lainey Wilson, in addition to one other previously-released tune referred to as “Jack” and the hard-rocking “Offered Out.” There are two extra yet-to-be-released duets on the undertaking: Arduous rocker Jeremy McKinnon, finest generally known as the frontman for A Day to Bear in mind, lends vocals to “Radio Music,” whereas Hardy’s shut buddy and frequent touring and songwriting accomplice Morgan Wallen will seem on a observe referred to as “Pink.”
Along with the forthcoming songs, Hardy previewed the undertaking on Monday morning with not one however three new releases. These new tracks — “Truck Mattress,” “Right here Lies Nation Music” and the title observe, “The Mockingbird & the Crow” — showcase the sonic vary followers can count on to listen to on the album as a complete.
Whereas “Right here Lies Nation Music” is filled with twang and a front-and-center lyric, for instance, “Truck Mattress” showcases Hardy’s exhausting rocker facet. In the meantime, “The Mockingbird & the Crow” is autobiographical, detailing Hardy’s journey from his upbringing in small-town Mississippi to his first publishing deal as a writer to his eventual shift into placing out music of his personal, and discovering an inventive voice that — whereas it won’t at all times match the parameters of what the nation music trade usually expects from its artists — has discovered a heat welcome along with his ever-growing fan base.
“And I refuse to be one other / Mockingbird with a microphone / I will fly the road I select to, brother / Even when that makes me the crow,” he sings within the tune’s lyrics.
When he introduced his new undertaking, Hardy hopped on Instagram Tales to inform followers that he’d thought of pushing the album rollout amid his restoration from a tour bus crash that happened early in October.
Finally, nevertheless, he determined to maneuver forward with the discharge as scheduled. He additionally instructed followers that each he and the three different individuals concerned within the crash are “on the upswing” as they proceed to get better from their accidents.
Hardy, The Mockingbird & the Crow Tracklist:
1. “Beer” (Michael Hardy, Ashley Gorley, Ben Johnson, Hunter Phelps)
2. “Pink” feat. Morgan Wallen (Michael Hardy, Rhett Akins, Ben Hayslip, Jacob Rice)
3. “Wait within the Truck” feat. Lainey Wilson (Michael Hardy, Renee Blair, Hunter Phelps, Jordan Schmidt) ^
4. “Drink One for Me” (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hunter Phelps)
5. “I in Nation” (Michael Hardy, Smith Ahnquist, Nick Donley, Jake Mitchell, Hunter Phelps)
6. “Display screen” (Michael Hardy, Jessie Jo Dillon, Matt Dragstrem, Hunter Phelps)
7. “Comfortable” (Michael Hardy)
8. “Right here Lies Nation Music” (Michael Hardy, Cole Taylor, Brett Tyler, Will Weatherly)
9. “The Mockingbird & the Crow” (Michael Hardy, Jordan Schmidt, Brett Tyler) ^
10. “Offered Out” (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hunter Phelps) *
11. “Jack” (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hillary Lindsey) *
12. “Truck Mattress” (Michael Hardy, Ashley Gorley, Ben Johnson, Hunter Phelps) +
13. “.30-06” (Michael Hardy, Cameron Montgomery, Hunter Phelps)
14. “I Ain’t within the Nation No Extra” (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hillary Lindsey) *
15. “Radio Music” feat. Jeremy McKinnon (Michael Hardy, Zach Abend, Nick Donley, Jeremy McKinnon, Cody Quistad)~
16. “Kill Sh!t Until I Die” (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hunter Phelps) *
17. “The Redneck Music” (Michael Hardy, Andy Albert, Nick Donley)
11 Songs That Modified Fashionable Nation Music: