America’s Got Talent contestant and Stoney Creek Information/BBR Music Group artist Drake Milligan has introduced that his highly-anticipated debut album, Dallas/Fort Worth, will drop on September 15.
The 14-song assortment, produced by the legendary Tony Brown (George Strait, Reba McEntire) and songwriter/producer Brandon Hood, will prominently function Milligan’s Texas roots all through, with a neo-traditional sound and authentically nation storytelling middle stage.
“As a lifelong nation music fan, it has been my dream to make a full-length report that pays homage to conventional nation roots, whereas nonetheless bringing new sounds and power to the style,” Milligan says in a press launch.
Explicating the album’s homage-paying title, the 24-year-old shares, “As a local son of the Dallas/Fort Value space, I’ve all the time been intrigued by the distinction between the 2 cities. First, there’s Dallas: a metropolis decided to show that every little thing actually is larger in Texas. Then, simply 30 miles to the west, there’s Fort Value: a metropolis that holds true to its Stockyard roots with a taut rope round its cowboy model.”
“My purpose was to carry those self same distinctions to the 2 elements of this album. On Dallas, the songs have a bit of extra polish on their boots. On Fort Value, there are nods to these conventional Honky-Tonkin’, Western swingin’, cowboy tradition roots that I’m primarily based in,” he provides.
Dallas/Fort Value follows Milligan’s acclaimed self-titled debut EP, which landed at No. 1 on the iTunes Nation Album chart. The tight five-song sampler featured the excellent “Over Drinkin’ Underneath Thinkin’,” tender “She,” and rollicking, “Sounds Like One thing I’d Do.” The latter rapidly grew to become a fan favourite and had each its track and music video shoot to the highest of the iTunes Nation Single chart and iTunes Video chart, respectively.
Most not too long ago, the promising newcomer shot to nationwide fame as a contestant on AGT. There, he carried out an exuberant stay rendition of “Sounds Like One thing I’d Do” along with his band, inflicting viewers members to erupt in cheer and the present’s judges, which embrace Simon Cowell and Howie Mandell, to present him a standing ovation.
Dubbed “the New Elvis of Nation” by Mandell, Milligan will take the AGT stage once more this Tuesday (Aug. 9) for a stay semi-final efficiency, airing at 8PM ET on NBC.
Drake Milligan’s Dallas/Fort Value Album Tracklist:
1. “Sounds Like One thing I’d Do” (Drake Milligan/Brett Beavers/Terry McBride)
2. “Kiss Goodbye All Evening” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/ Josh Jenkins/Phil O’Donnell)
3. “Hating All the things She Tries On” (Drake Milligan/Brent Anderson/Lynn Hutton)
4. “She” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/John Pierce)
5. “Unhealthy Day to Be a Beer” (Drake Milligan/Marv Inexperienced/JT Harding)
6. “Hearts Don’t Break Even” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Liz Rose)
7. “Dance of a Lifetime” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Phil O’Donnell)
1. “Over Drinkin’ Underneath Thinkin’” (Drake Milligan/Brice Lengthy/Brett Beavers)
2. “Tipping Level” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Terry McBride/Josh London)
3. “Don’t Look Down” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/John Pierce)
4. “Goin’ Down Swingin’” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Phil O’Donnell
5. “Save It for a Sunny Day” (Drake Milligan/Marv Inexperienced/Tim Nichols)
6. “Lengthy Haul” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Bob DiPIero
7. “Cowboy Type of Manner” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Terry McBride)
Nation Singers You Forgot Bought Their Begin on Actuality TV: