Craig Campbell is about to launch his first assortment of music in additional than 4 years with The Misplaced Recordsdata: Exhibit A on Feb. 17.
The album will characteristic a complete of 16 model new tracks, lots of which have been written a number of years in the past. Some are songs Campbell recorded for different document labels however have been by no means launched. The album, he says, will harken again to the traditional-leaning music he made in his early profession.
“This album has been a very long time coming,” the “Fish” hitmaker says in a press launch. “This assortment of music could be very particular to me. I’ve been chomping on the bit to get this to my followers.”
“These are songs that I like and imagine in with all that I’m,” he provides. “My followers fell in love with me when there was metal and fiddle on my information. I really hate that I received away from that for a bit making an attempt to chase one thing that wasn’t actual, however I humbly admit, I’m a piece in progress. Not everybody goes to like this album, and I’m comfortable with that.”
“Nevertheless, THIS is the actual me. Unfiltered, unapologetic, and from my coronary heart,” he assures.
Campbell co-wrote each music on the album, working alongside songwriters Jess Brown, Joel Little, Phillip Coleman, Nicolle Galyon, Ella Yelich-O’Connor, Jamie Paulin, Liz Rose, Michael White and Justin Wilson. The album additionally encompasses a lengthy checklist of producers: Cooper Bascom, Blake Bollinger, Mickie Jack Cones, Rob Hatch, Elisha Hoffman, Phil O’Donnell, Matt Rovey, Keith Stegall and Ilya Toshinskiy.
The Misplaced Recordsdata: Exhibit A options collaborations with Travis Tritt, Trea Landon and Campbell’s spouse, Mindy Ellis Campbell. The singer will launch the album’s debut single, “Tractor Songs,” written solely by Walker Hayes, on Jan. 27. Campbell says he met Hayes after seeing him play a present and “pleaded” with him to ship a music he’d written.
“All I can say is I’m glad I lower this earlier than anybody else! Shoutout to Walker for sending this music to me first,” he says.
The album and single shall be launched by way of Campbell’s label, Grindstone Recordings.
Craig Campbell’s The Misplaced Recordsdata: Exhibit A Tracklist:
1. “Lot to Dwell Up To” that includes Travis Tritt (Craig Campbell, Tim Nichols, Mark D. Sanders)
2. “Winnebago” (Craig Campbell, Brett Beavers, Steve Bogard)
3. “It is About Time” (Michael White, Justin Wilson, Jamie Paulin)
4. “Issues You Do in a Truck” that includes Trea Landon (Craig Campbell, Blake Bollinger, Trea Landon)
5. “Sounds Like a Small City” (Craig Campbell, Jeremy Bussey, Cody Cozzolino)
6. “Church Garments” that includes Mindy Ellis Campbell (Liz Rose, Nicolle Galyon)
7. “Johnny’s Money” (Craig Campbell, Keifer Thompson)
8. “Hurtin’ on It” (Craig Campbell, Adam Yaron, Abram Dean)
9. “Evening Like Final Evening” (Craig Campbell, Rob Hatch, Jason Sellers)
10. “Royals” (Ella Yelich-O’Connor, Joel Little)
11. “Speak Nation to Me” (Craig Campbell, Adam Sanders, Derek George)
12. “Tractor Songs” (Walker Hayes)
13. “God and the Floor” (Phillip Coleman, Jess Brown)
14. “That is What a Music’ll Do” (Craig Campbell, Ben Hayslip, Dallas Davidson)
15. “That is How We Get Down” (Craig Campbell, Jeremy Bussey, Types Haury)
16. “All American Comeback Child” (Craig Campbell, Terry McBride, Brice Lengthy)
50 Nice Fashionable Conventional Nation Songs (and Artists!):