The 2023 Warmth Latin Music Awards (Premios Warmth)—which acknowledges famend and up-and-coming artists who’re making a buzz within the Caribbean and Latin American areas—aired dwell from Cap Cana in The Dominican Republic on Thursday (June 8), and featured many memorable moments.
The big winner of the night was Karol G, who took dwelling the coveted music of the 12 months award for “Provenza.”
However past awarding the very best city artist, the very best new artist, the very best music video, and the very best collaboration, to call a number of classes, Premios Warmth captured star-studded performances, particular awards and tributes, and memorable speeches.
Beneath, take a look at a few of the finest highlights from the eighth version of the Warmth Latin Music Awards:
1. Hottest Tune of the Second: On the Premios Warmth carpet, Billboard requested artists to share the most well liked music of the second and the solutions ranged from perreo to pop. Reggaeton veteran Maldy stated the music he can’t cease listening to — and dedicates to his spouse — is YNG LVCAS and Peso Pluma’s “La Bebe (Remix).” Mau y Ricky gave Billboard an unique and sang a snippet of their upcoming collaboration with Argentine newcomer La Joaqui. Additionally, LAGOS crooned us with Lasso’s “Ojos Marrones,” which he helped compose.
2. Jay Wheeler’s in Love: The Puerto Rican artist, who’s making the rounds together with his single “Pacto,” arrived on the Premios Warmth together with his spouse and Venezuelan singer Zhamira Zambrano. It was a particular evening for the newlyweds as they not solely took middle stage to carry out their pop ballad “Dicelo” however Wheeler additionally nabbed the award for finest artist north area. “Don’t be afraid to fall in love as a result of it’s lovely. I’m married and I’m very completely happy,” he stated throughout his acceptance speech.
3. Mike Bahia’s Shock Award: On the eighth version of Premios Warmth, Colombian artist Mike Bahía was shocked with a particular award referred to as Lo + Warmth for being a part of the Warmth household since its inauguration in 2015. Throughout his acceptance speech, Bahía expressed that life has been accountable for reminding him to not give up. “At this time I understand why life jogs my memory how lovely it’s to stroll with a workforce. It wouldn’t make sense if I didn’t have somebody to share it with. Love and honor your loved ones all the time,” he stated.
4. The New Wave of Latin Acts: The Heat Latin Music Awards is thought for not solely supporting up-and-coming Latin artists but in addition providing a platform the place their exhausting work is acknowledged. Holding their mission agency, this 12 months’s awards present included a phase the place a wave of rising acts took middle stage. They had been Mar Rendon, who carried out a rock model of Nek’s “Laura No Esta;” Teo (Fanny Lu’s son), who carried out a medley of two unique songs; Kunno and Dayanara, who carried out their collaboration “El Ganado;” Xofi, who carried out an infectious bachata; and Elena Rose, who carried out “Bayamón.”
5. A Grupo Area of interest Tribute: Premios Warmth celebrated the 43-year trajectory of Grupo Area of interest for its affect on music with a star-studded tribute. Becoming a member of the Colombian salsa group on stage to sing a few of their timeless hits had been Eddy Herrera, Mike Bahía, Yahaira Plasencia, and Yeison Jimenez. “This award is and can all the time be for Jairo Varela, creator of this iconic band,” the ensemble stated throughout its acceptance speech.